What is this herebal medicine?
Mandukaparni it is a brain tonic, that helps in improving memory, intellect and overall brain functions. As per Ayurveda Mandukaparni herb revitalizes the nerves and brain cells and is known as a brain food in India. It has also been called one of the "miracle elixirs of life" because legend has it that an ancient Chinese herbalist lived for more than 200 years as a result of using the herb. Mandukaparni is also excellent in supporting and toning varicose veins and in blood circulation. It is also a herb recommended in the treatment of psoriasis. Mandukaparni has a calming effect and supports the central nervous system. While stimulating the brain, it has a relaxing effect on an overactive nervous system. This makes it an excellent herb for children with ADD and ADHD. Mandukaparni is said to strengthen the immune system and is good for blood circulation, purification and skin health. Mandukaparni is not related to kola nut and contains no caffeine.
Mandukaparni contains madecassol, madecassic acid, asiatic acid, asiaticentoic acid, centellic acid, centoic acid, isothankuniside, flavonoids including quercetin and kaempferol, and various glycosides such as asiaticoside, brahminoside, brahmoside, centelloside, and madecassoid. It also contains fatty acids, amino acids, phytosterols, and tannin. Asiaticoside promotes wound healing, brahminoside and brahmoside possess sedative properties, and madecassoid exerts anti-inflammatory action.
What are this herebal medicine's benefits?
- promotes brain functions, improves intellect and memory
- helps in relaxation and can protect against nervous breakdowns
- boosts immunity and is said to promote longevity
- improves blood circulation and purifies blood
- provides vascular support and helps in soothing and minimizing varicose veins. In a study of people with varicose veins, ultrasound examination revealed improvements in the vascular tone of those who took gotu kola.
- helps in treating phlebitis, leg cramps, and abnormal tingling of the extremities
- strengthens the adrenal glands while cleansing the blood which helps treat skin disorders including psoriasis
- has been used to treat rheumatism, blood diseases, congestive heart failure, urinary tract infections, venereal diseases, hepatitis and high blood pressure
How should I use this medicine?
Take 1 or 2 capsules twice daily with meals. Allow several weeks for benefits. The use of natural products provides progressive but long-lasting results.
What should I know before taking this medicine?
Women who are pregnant or nursing or want to get pregnant should not take Mandukaparni as it has shown contraceptive properties. High doses of Mandukaparni may act as a sedative. Large doses of the medicine may interfere with the effect of hypoglycemics. Large doses of Mandukaparni may interfere with the effect of cholesterol-lowering drugs. As with all dietary or herbal supplements, you should inform your health care professional that you are using this product.